Our solutions for your challenges
Find out how our solutions and ideas can solve your challenges
Field Service Engineer - Controls Specialist
Provide high quality service and support on turbo machinery such as gas turbines, compressors and driven equipment in the Oil & Gas industry.
Main tasks comprise the commissioning and start-up of gas turbine packages, including loop checks, instrument calibration verification and functional testing.
Develop industrial control system software solutions and updates for retrofit programmes. Support modification- and upgrade projects with regards to site surveys, identifying customer needs and supporting activities at customer locations worldwide.
Carry out maintenance tasks on field instrumentation, such as fuel control valves, pressure-, temperature- or level transmitters as well as service on electrical systems up to a nominal voltage of 1000 V AC.
Own and run problem investigations and fleet reliability improvement programmes; gathering and analysing fleet data to identify common or reoccurring issues, use recognised and appropriate Root Cause Analysis techniques, prepare and present potential solutions and improvement opportunities to customers and the business.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Suitable candidates have a bachelor degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline preferably relating to Controls, Electrical, Electronics or Systems Engineering, professionally accredited or recognised.
- Experience with industrial controls systems using Allen Bradley RSLogix5000, Siemens S7, Intouch Wonderware or Cimplicity would be advantageous. Having worked with similar products used for the control and protection of industrial gas turbine technology or process plant operations such as Bently Nevada vibration systems or compressor anti-surge controllers.
- Experience of working with industrial aero-derivative gas turbine technology would be advantageous.
- Proven troubleshooting skills, experience in the application of Root Cause Analysis techniques for issue resolution and or experience of using a Systems Engineering approach to product improvement is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and reporting skills preferably proven within a customer facing services organisation.
- Working with flexible time scales, travelling overseas and working at remote locations are required in support of the function description.
Suitable candidates can reply to firstname.lastname@example.org for motivation and CV.